Tuesday, August 26, 2008

a lesson on food.

today is my third yoga class. during the first class, the instructor told us we really should not eat at leas two (preferably 3) hours before the class begins (at 7:15). i followed it to a t last thursday. i had my "dinner" at 4:15 went to class at 7:15 and during the last half hour my stomach cramped up badly. i am sure this could be due to numerous things i.e. trying to position my body in ways it has never thought to be positioned. i can't remember what i ate last week before class but when i came home jason had gotten me some tacos that i scarfed down. the cramps subsided about 45 min. after i got home. at any rate i am still sticking to the three hour rule but i just made myself this:



in an attempt to keep the cramping at bay. on this salad there is tempeh, radishes, carrots, raisins, spring mix, olive oil and salt and pepper. and guess what? i might just eat a little something around 5:30 to play it safe. in other news i am thinking alot about growing my own food and getting more involved in community gardening etc. there is a really good garden right by my house called Senn Unity Garden. it is a community garden with probably 15 plots and i am trying to get more info on it for next years growing season. no response yet. i just have this urge to learn more about food and how to grow it. perhaps even go back to school but i don't know what for. i have fun when i am planing things and i get huge enjoyment out of sitting outside and looking at my plants. that can be a life cant it?

the weather today is gorgeous.

xoxo

1 comment:

kid extraordinaire said...

I met some people last night that gave me some good tips! There's a MASTER GARDENER class taught by the University of Illinois that's supposed to be tops!

Also, Garfield Park Conservatory has a Chicago Botanic-esque program in case you need a back-up!